11 April, 2011

Adjusting

First of all, we are so very happy to be home... it has been so great to have our little family together in our house. Our schedules are so backwards and jet lag is really hitting Cody and me and poor sweet Mae is all mixed up. She has had 20 months on the other side of the planet and so she is waking up all through the night and playing. It has been about 2 hours of sleep, 2 hours of play and Cody and I have been alternating getting up with her. I am so thankful to have such a great partner and daddy. We are still fighting colds and not sleeping is probably why.

Griffin is so crazy about her... and the peanut butter fingers.

We went to the pediatrician today to get Mae all checked out and she was so great while we were there. Our doctor was impressed with how healthy she is and said everything looked great except her hemaglobin (iron) is pretty low. She wrote us a prescription so we can get it back up to where it should be in the next few months. They had to prick Mae's pretty little toe today but she did not even cry... I don't think she even knew what was going on because they gave her a sucker and she was totally distracted.

Mae was 20 months old on Sunday and today they measured her at 20.8 pounds and 29 inches tall. (: She is less than 5th percentile in both, small but healthy!
I am so bummed that this is all blurry - Can you see she is thrilled with her baby dolls?? She was carrying them around with her this morning. It has been so fun learning our daughter! She is full of joy. Oh and today is our 2 week anniversary with her...
And this is her asleep in her highchair tonight; she took two bites and couldn't stay up any longer. We kept her busy today and I hope that means she sleeps longer tonight. She is so adorable and we could not be luckier parents.

One last note:: We LOVE the comments, emails, calls and texts and have been encouraged by all of you so much... sorry we if we don't respond right now while we settle in. We will be back on track and back with you all soon. (:

6 comments:

  1. This is Molly, Jon Howell's wife. I just have to tell you how much I have LOVED reading your blog the last few weeks. I feel like I have been on an emotional roller coaster with you. Even though I don't know you that well, I cry with excitement over your beautiful baby and beautiful little family! I am just so excited for you both and can't WAIT for Mae and Drew to have a play date together! Mae is absolutely beautiful and so happy and sweet! She is truly your sweet little gift from God!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that last pictures is just precious!! I love her already and cannot wait to hopefully meet he soon! Hope you guys got more sleep last night :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy that Mae and Griffin are becoming buddies :) Mae has adorable little toes, and bless that sweet sleeping baby in her highchair. Looks like adjusting to home is going great. Hang in there, I hope jet lag is over soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to hear everything is going as smoothly as it can right now, once you get back on your schedule it will be fine! Cute picture of her with you and the bo bo toe!
    sweet picture of her sleeping , hopefully she was good your ya'll last night.!

    Love
    Lauren Ray

    ReplyDelete
  5. I might never get over how cute she is! So glad you are all home safe!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I bet you felt like you were dreaming when you woke up the first morning back in your house right? I can't imagine being gone for almost 3 weeks ... wow

    Looking forward to the next post and pictures give mae a kiss for me!

    Love
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...